Here are some tips to help you spot a fake locksmith.
- No state license number: All locksmiths in TN must be licensed and post the number on all advertising, websites, and service vehicles.
- Phone number only: This is a BIG red flag!
- Similar looking website to established locksmiths: Trust your instincts, call for verification.
- Call centers: The majority of locksmiths are still small companies and don’t use call centers.
- Super low price: No one can operate for $29… No one.
- Cash only payment: Cash can’t be tracked and mobile payment options are available to all merchants.
- Verify First! Find a locksmith and keep their number in your phone. This could save you tons of headache and hundreds of dollars!